Source Maps on Prod
Prod JS code is minified - fewer bytes to download - obfuscation (hard to read the code)
TODO: how does sentry do this????
Downsides - hard to debug
Why are we debugging prod?¶
- staging env not closely mimicking a prod env?
- local environments mimicking a prod env?
- no strong front end error reporting we can trust to get us to the right part of the code which is throwing?
- eg: Sentry?
- Source map points to the original code hosted on a private server
- that is only available via a VPN?
Last update: 2023-02-03