Markdown and MKDocs tips¶
Linking to another
Use the markdown file name instead of providing a path.
Makes links more resilient when folders/files are moved.
- Paste a Bookstack table into Zettlr or in a GitHub comment
- it will generate the Markdown for the table
Make sure to upload images to the
- pasting an image from the clipboard will create an image file
- use the Paste Image extension to paste images from the clipboard
- install the Paste Images into Markdown extension
Ensure that paths to images are relative
- so that they can be found by both GitHub and MKDocs
- we need view images in GitHub for code review
- Example ✅ :
- Bad example ❌ :
Changing the image size¶
Markdown understands HTML. 🧠 You can use the
MKDocs way of adding a height or width¶
This will be resized in MKDocs but not in GitHub during code review.