What is ego
- the part of the mind that protects us from negative emotion
- protective mechanism
- bouncer for the mind
- you feel negative emotions like shame and the bouncer protects you
- eg: getting rejected after asking a girl out
- ego bouncer steps in: "I'm not even into her, I'm fine"
- false, you wouldn't have asked her out if you weren't into her
- comparison to others
- describe myself as Asian, male, developer, son
- anything in a resume
- talks about you but not who YOU are
If the ego is a protective bouncer, why does it keep you stuck in loops of "I'll never get better"????
Last update: 2023-04-24