- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- issues with dopamine and attention??
- Some sounds really triggers an autonomic nervous system, clock ticking, snoring and difficulty breathing *
- a practiced thought grounded in lived experience (page 110 of How to do the work)
- Atomic Habits: every belief is learned and conditioned through experience
- usually at the level of identity
- The body scan happens to you, you're just keeping pace with it
- Kristin Neff: Wishing somone to be free of suffering
- your mind/body/soul's way telling you that something's missing
- living life on autopilot
- missing an ikigai of getting up
- (from Healthy Gamer)
- It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
emotional regulation - ability to identify & modify emotional states - that promote adaptive and goal directed behaviour - example: coaching
Emo Joy * Ajahn Brahm: people experience greater joy from others' misery * sports
Love * wishing someone happiness and the the sources of happiness * Sravasti Abbey * Love is based on risk * Mourning and grief can only exist from love???
Meditation * Moment to moment non-judgemental kind awareness * Jon Kabat Zinn * There are no mistakes in meditation. You only learn. * Thinking is important. Not thinking is even more important * As you transition from the end of the formal meditation practice, make a conscious decision to only focus solely on one thing then focus on next one thing then the next one thing.
Romance * Sravasti Abbey: The Idea of Romance * we expect our SO to meet all our needs all the time
Self-compassion * Kristin Neff: wishing yourself to be free of suffering * 3 parts * mindfulness * common humanity * self kindness
Unconditional love * see love * ???????????
Value (Human) * we all have a unique consciousness * things are valuable when they're rare/unique * we all have the potential to have a good impact
- Home isn't a place, it's a moment in the past, the golden age
- everything happens because of you
- to you
- for you
- state of infancy
- directly causes
- dopamine & ADHD
- indirectly causes
- lack of sleep => will lead to irritability
- will make neurotransmitters more/less likely to bind
- [[Suffering, meaning and purpose]]
- intentionality, life aim
- always in front of you
- being a caring father
- tells you what goals you should be pursuing next
- [[Progress#Picking goals]]